STIHL Pty Ltd
Telephone : (03) 9215 6666
Facsimile : (03) 9763 4423
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.stihl.com.au
STIHL Pty Ltd Australia and its related bodies corporate (we, our, us) are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
We recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. Your rights to privacy are also protected by the Australian Privacy Principles in force under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). These privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information. This statement explains how we protect your privacy.
What is your personal information?
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address, phone number;
- your gender, age, date of birth;
- your company name (if applicable) and associated contact details including, physical address, phone number;
- your equipment service history;
- information about your shopping preferences/selections and product reservations;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from your local Dealership or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and
services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits to our Dealers from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
The main ways we collect personal information?
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
- if your purchase any products from a STIHL Dealer
- if you visit our website(s) we may collect the name of the operating system, the name of the domain from which you access the internet; the date and time you access our site; the pages accessed and the
documents downloaded; and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- if you complete any Questionnaires and surveys
- if you sign up to any of our mailing lists
- if you create an online account
- if you reserve a product online
- if you participate in a competition or promotion
- if you submit a contact us form
- if you interact with STIHL Australia or STIHL TIMBERSPORTS® via social networks
- if you contact our customer service team
- during conversations between you and our representatives, including our dealers; or customer service team
- when you register your purchase with our Dealers
A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server. Your browser stores the message in a file and the message is then sent back to our servers each time your browser requests a page from our servers.
We use Google Analytics Advertising Features to promote our Services. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers. This enables us to display ads on other sites that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to this site. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to register your warranty with us;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Why do we collect personal information?
We use the information to assist us in performing our business activities and functions including; processing and recording warranty registrations and issuing service reminders.
We also use this information to provide you with relevant consumer information, notify you about products, value-added services, special offers that may be of interest to you. We may collect this information to provide marketing and remarketing through our websites, social media channels and other marketing mediums.
STIHL Australia may use your personal information:
- to promote our products and services that may be of interest to you (including direct marketing);
- to determine your product, service preferences and preferred Dealership;
- to manage your requests for products or services, including online reservations, entry in to competitions and discount coupons;
- to communicate with you about equipment servicing reminders, your warranty registration or equipment recalls;
monitor sales activity;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of STIHL, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date; and
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing from STIHL Australia through the unsubscribe link function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
STIHL Dealers may utilise their individual customer database and direct marketing systems. STIHL Australia is not liable for any direct marketing communications sent directly from a STIHL Dealer. If you receive direct marketing communications from a STIHL Dealer and no longer wish to receive these communications, you must opt-out of the STIHL Dealer communication directly using the unsubscribe link in the Dealers communication.
We understand the importance of your personal information have taken reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
STIHL Australia’s website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from STIHL Australia’s website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. STIHL Australia is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. STIHL Australia encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our associated entities located overseas, including the parent company of STIHL in Germany.
Your personal information may be stored in overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on our behalf). We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of this information do not breach Australian Privacy laws in relation to the personal information we disclose.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to store and analyse data and information, send marketing messages, or to otherwise achieve the purpose for which the information was collected. Some of these services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves. We use products and services maintained in Australia, United States, Germany and Poland.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and
services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators,
customer research agencies, database management providers, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers, Dealers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
We will not sell or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer. If you discover that there is an error or information is missing please notify our Privacy Officer and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you, your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation. If we determine an investigation is required, we will provide the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
STIHL Pty Ltd Australia
Post : 5 Kingston-Park Court, Knoxfield VIC 3185
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : (03) 9215 6666
Website : www.stihl.com.au
We will try to satisfy any questions that you have and correct any errors on our part.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
© 2018 STIHL Pty Ltd Australia. All rights reserved.